Duration: 17.5 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in carrying out preparation of work activities, usage of hand tools, correct handling faulty and/or unsafe hand tools and performing maintenance checks of hand tools.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to use hand tools to produce work according to the specifications.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Prepare for work activities
- Use hand tools to produce work to specifications
- Correctly handle faulty and/or unsafe hand tools
- Perform routine maintenance checks of hand tools
- The organisational procedures related to Workplace Safety and Health (WSH)
- The legislative and industrial framework
- Types and use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Types of hand tools, their usage and maintenance
- Common manufacturing hazards and risk mitigation
- The organisational procedures related to preparation for work activities
- Types of hand tools, their usage, safety and maintenance
- Common manufacturing hazards and risk control
- The organisational procedures related to reading and interpreting the job order
- Common faults and defects in hand tools
- The organisational procedures for the tagging of faulty or unsafe hand tools.
- The organisational procedures for reporting hand tool defects
- The organisational Preventive Maintenance (PM) procedures
This module can be conducted in either English or Mandarin.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.