Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills of handling the basic hand tools and equipment in performing the tasks. Individuals and their organisations will be able to benefit from the good practices and the required standards learned in this module.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to use basic hand tools and equipment to produce work according to the specifications.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Prepare hand tools, equipment and materials for the task
- Use hand tools and equipment to perform the task
- Maintain hand tools and equipment
- Importance of work instructions
- Types of tasks
- Types of tools and equipment
- Types of materials
- Types of power source
- Types of electrical and electronic components
- Handling of electrostatic discharge (ESD) sensitive device/component procedures
- Handling of faulty or unsafe tools procedures
- Use of hand tools and equipment
- Types of electrical and electronic symbols
- Types of assembly methods
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Cleaning methods
- Cleaning agents
- Importance of cleaning tools and equipment
- Importance of returning tools, equipment and materials
- Handling of worn out tools and equipment procedures
- Importance of clearing the waste
This module can be conducted in either English or Mandarin.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.