Duration: 24 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in planning WSH activities, implementing safe work practices and maintaining workplace risk control measures at their workplaces.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to supervise workplace safety and health practices at supervisor level in their workplaces.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Plan workplace safety and health activities
- Implement safe work practices
- Maintain workplace risk control measures
- Responsibilities of designated personnel/committees under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Act
- Safety management system
- Workplace safety policy and culture
- Communication means
- Proper use of personal protective equipment
- Impact of unsafe work conditions
- Purpose of safety signs and instructions
- Types of work activities
- Purpose of safe work procedures
- Purpose of safety inspection checklist
- Types of emergencies at workplace
- Interpretation of safety signs and instructions
- Types of unsafe working conditions
- Types of unsafe work practices
- The importance of communicating the change in the work practices
- Types of safety issues
- Safety issues resolution process
- Types of workplace hazards
- Applications of hierarchy of risk control measures
- Means of communicating the risk control measures
- Importance of risk assessment
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptop for the work assignment.