Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in quality procedures and supervise quality control teams at the work place. It is a systematic approach that workers can use to make incremental and breakthrough improvements in processes that produce products and services for customers.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to participate and supervise quality processes and be able to put it into practice at the workplaces.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Plan daily quality control activities
- Facilitate & control process quality
- Maintain process quality
- Workplace based quality practices and procedures
- Importance of workplace communication procedures and practices
- Quality specification and tolerances within work or product specifications
- Types of quality data, statistic collection tools and methodology
- Types of workplace tools, equipment, machines, processes and operating procedures
- The importance of organisational procedures related to quality
- Workplace communication processes within the quality framework
- Identifying safety hazards
- Types of workplace communication techniques
- Relevant industry codes of practices
- Non-conformities in the workplace and the quality systems
- Development strategy for self and team members
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
The assessment is conducted through oral/written assessment, work assignment and presentation.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptop for the work assignment.