Duration: 13.5 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in maintaining warehouse operations which include stock taking, controlling non-conforming products as well as performing housekeeping to maintain a safe and tidy working environment.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to perform stock control and housekeeping operations in logistic industry.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Apply stock taking procedures
- Control non-conforming products
- Perform housekeeping
- The purpose of stock take plan
- Preparing stock take area activities
- Organisational stock take procedure
- Importance of cut-off time when performing stock take
- Definitions of cyclical count, spot checking and annual stock taking
- Types of stock take documentation
- Types of stock discrepancies
- Organisational safety and health requirements
- Types of non-conforming products
- Methods to segregate non-conforming products
- Label non-conforming products procedure
- Record and report non-conforming products procedure
- Purpose of warehouse layout plan
- Concept of 5S
- Methods of stock arrangement
- Cleaning and maintenance techniques
- Performing housekeeping with workplace safety and health practices
This module can be conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.