Duration: 17.5 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in carrying out preparation of work activities, selecting the appropriate measurement procedures and perform measurements, as well as demonstrating basic handling and storage of measuring devices.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to operate basic measuring devices in the manufacturing industry.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Prepare for work activities
- Select appropriate measurement procedures
- Perform required measurements
- Demonstrate basic handling and storage of measuring devices
- Types and use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Organisational procedures related to Workplace Safety and Health (WSH)
- Types of measuring devices and their usage
- Organisational procedures related to recording measurements
- Organisational procedures related to preparation for work activities
- Basic measurement systems
- Organisational procedures relating to handling, care and storage of measuring devices
This module can be conducted in either English or Mandarin.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.