Duration: 14.5 Hours
As part of the industry 4.0 digital transformation initiatives, electronics, biotechnology and precision engineering industries have evolved their capabilities through the intervention of digital technologies. Digitization as part of Industrial Internet of Things transformation is being introduced in the overall work process from design, prototype, production to supply chain management. In the advancement of immersive technology, Augmented Reality (AR) technology is being introduced to optimise and improve the productivity and efficiency in the manufacturing operation. Especially in the areas of real time factory planning, technical troubleshooting and repair, predictive and preventive equipment maintenance, just in time and effective safety and technical training and quality assurance. In this module, it will provide participants an overview of immersive technology in the industry. This is to prepare participants to be mentally ready for immersive technology. Then we will equip them with the knowledge and skills on how to operate AR application software so that they can increase efficiency in their work processes.
This module is developed by referencing to one of the skills frameworks under SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). The technical skills and competencies (TSC) of this module is Augmented Reality Application. It is a Level 1 proficiency module which its description is operate augmented reality (AR) application software to increase efficiency of work processes.
On completion of this module, participants will be able to perform basic AR application.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this module include:
- Benefits of applying AR in various work processes
- Procedures and processes at work which are supported by AR applications
- Operating procedures for work equipment which are supported by AR applications
- Working principles of AR
- Concept of overlaying virtual objects onto real world
- Main components of AR
- Distinct differences between virtual reality (VR) and AR
- Infrastructures and resources required for AR applications
- Correct usage and maintenance of AR equipment
- Common errors when using AR technology
- Perform work tasks which are supported by AR applications
- Operate equipment, tools and/or machinery at work, for which AR application support is developed
- Access information with the aid of AR applications
- Interpret output from AR applications to incorporate within decision-making processes at work
- Troubleshoot AR equipment failures
Suitable for Assemblers, Machine Specialist, Production Technician or Machinist from Manufacturing, Precision Engineering, Aviation, Electronics or Biomedical sectors.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have intermediate computer and digital literacy.
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 3 High Beginning (PSLE) and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 3 High Beginning (PSLE) and above.
This module can be conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning activities, lectures, demonstration, self-reflection, group activities and peer practices.
Practical performance and written assessment are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes the module, includes the elearning module, will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).