Duration: 24 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in bringing the resources and processes together to achieve the organisational set goals using a variety of process improvement methodologies. It involves adopting a systematic approach in improving a process through process mapping, analyse the process and redesign the process.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply, demonstrate and practice the knowledge and skills learnt on managing process improvement in the workplace through classroom and practical sessions.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Identify improvement activities associated with concept of process management and improving customer satisfaction using systematic process improvement model to meet the Organisational goals
- Define the process relationship using suitable process mapping techniques
- Present the process map graphically that accurately depicts the sequence of events to build a product or produce an outcome using standard process mapping conventions or symbols
- Perform analysis of the process of waste or non-value activities to facilitate redesigning the process in accordance with the process improvement model
- Redesign the process using the results of the analysis and recommend potential measures to improve the functioning of the process to meet the Organisational goals
- Execute the changes to the process and resolve issues encountered in accordance with the change solicitation process
- Standardise the redesigned process to make change stay permanently by proper documentation and training
- Concept of process management
- Organisational goals vis-à-vis customer expectations and requirements
- Continuous process improvement methodologies used by organisations
- Defining process relationship
- Process mapping techniques
- Process mapping conventions or symbols
- Types of data and how data should be recorded
- Process control for variable and attribute data
- Methods of presenting process data
- Process capability
- Change solicitation process
- Change resolution process
- Standardisation of process
Suitable for Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).
Participants are assumed to:
- Have an in depth knowledge of their organisational work processes;
- Have presentation skills;
- Have good knowledge of workplace quality control systems;
- Have good knowledge in using statistical process control tools and techniques;
- Be able to apply effective problem-solving techniques;
- Be able to apply effective leadership skills in managing and leading co-workers;
- Have basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 8;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 8.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptop for the work assignment.
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
The assessment is conducted through oral/written assessment, mini project or work assignment and presentation.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).