Duration: 8 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to follow the guidelines that provide a system of processes, procedures and documentation to define how manufacturing or process environment can achieve quality products.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply Follow Good Manufacturing Practices when carrying out daily tasks at their workplaces.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Follow standard operating procedure requirements
- Follow contamination control procedures
- Report and record abnormalities
- Good manufacturing practice requirements
- Purpose of a standard operating procedure
- Types of standard operating procedures in manufacturing facility
- Consequences of failure to follow a standard operating procedure
- The importance of observing personal hygiene
- Types of contaminants
- Importance of cleaning
- Types of equipment
- Types of cleaning methods
- Types cleaning materials
- The importance of maintaining cleaning work records
- Types of abnormalities
- Status of work activities
- The importance of maintaining complete and accurate records
This module can be conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Have received safety training related to a manufacturing or process plant;
- Have basic competencies in handling common hand tools;
- Have basic understanding of personal hygiene;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.