Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills required to apply WSH policies. It is a systematic approach that workers can use to make incremental and breakthrough improvements in processes that produce products and services for customers.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to plan their daily work to meet WSH requirements, identify hazards and implement risk controls in their work environment.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Plan daily work to meet WSH requirements
- Identify and monitor hazards
- Comply with WSH requirements
- Implement risk controls
- Types and interpretation of relevant WSH legislations and relevant industry codes of practice (CP)
- Types and usage of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Types and usage of safety devices and equipment
- Types and interpretation of safety signage
- Organisational WSH Procedures
- Organisational Risk Assessment (RA)
- Common manufacturing hazards
- Common manufacturing risk controls
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
This module can be conducted in either English or Mandarin.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).