Duration: 32 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to achieve successful completion of specific project goals and objectives by a specific time, within budget and according to specifications. It involves managing the phases of project life cycle that include initiating, planning, execution, controlling & monitoring and closing.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply, demonstrate and practice the knowledge and skills learnt on applying project management skills through classroom and practical sessions.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Define the scope of the project to be undertaken in consultation with stakeholders to meet the organisational needs or objectives
- Conduct feasibility analysis of undertaking the project and present to stakeholders for decision making
- Develop the project plan and provide estimates of the necessary human resources, time and cost using appropriate project management tools
- Execute the project implementation activities and control the resources to achieve the desired project goals or deliverables
- Review the milestones of the project and resolve any un-met goals or gaps when needed to meet the scope of the project defined
- Conclude the project in consultation with stakeholders and with complete project documentation
- Purpose of project management
- Pros and cons of managing projects
- Project management processes
- Defining the scope of the project
- How to conduct feasibility analysis of undertaking the project
- Project selection methods
- Managing project risks
- How to manage the resources required to undertake the project
- Project management tools
- Negotiation skills
- Types of stakeholders
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
The assessment is conducted through oral/written assessment, mini project or work assignment and presentation.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).
Participants are assumed to:
- Have an in depth knowledge of their organisational products/services;
- Have presentation skills;
- Be proficient in using project scheduling software (e.g. Microsoft Project or equivalent);
- Be able to apply effective communication and leadership skills in leading and managing project members at a proficiency level equivalent to the Communication and Relationship Management under ESS;
- Be able to apply effective problem-solving and decision-making skills at a proficiency level equivalent to the Problem-solving and Decision Making Skills under ESS;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 8;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 8.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptop for the work assignment.