Duration: 24 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to carry out fault finding on control circuit systematically and safely.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply diagnostic skills on fault finding on control circuits.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Use control circuit and diagrams to interpret how circuits work
- Locate the faulty components and connections in the control circuit
- Remedy the faulty components and connections in the control circuit
- Improve machine yields time through continual Improvement
- Interpretation of Work Instructions
- Functions of control components and devices
- Application of the control devices
- Electrical rating of control devices
- Types of electrical protective devices
- Functions and application of electrical devices
- Common causes of overload
- The type of engineering safety devices such as guard, hard stop, relieve valve
- Types of fasteners commonly used in the workplace
- Methods of preventing the bolt from self-loosening
- Types of tools that determine the thread series
- Types of optical sensors
- Types of micro-switch
- Common causes of sensor failure
- Common types of fault
- Importance of understanding of electrical diagram, mechanical diagram, pneumatic diagram, mechanical assembly drawing and component layout
- Important of label and component locations
- Importance of cable sizing to meet the safety requirement
- The essentials of complete document standardisation
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.