Duration: 24 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills of Basic Engineering Mathematics and apply these to solve problems encountered at work with a clear and logical way.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply the necessary knowledge on the mathematical principles and application skills to solve problems encountered at work.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Determine the basic mathematics, electrical and logic control in accordance with its working principles
- Apply the basic mathematics, electrical and logic control in accordance with its working principles
- Solve problems encountered by using basic Engineering Mathematics in accordance with its working principles
- Documentation on the solved problems in accordance with its working principles
- The application of Arithmetic Calculations
- The application of Electrical unit conversions
- The application of Algebra
- The application of Trigonometric
- The application of Number System
- The basic electrical principles
- Ohm’s law on series and parallel circuit
- Statistical methods to analyse problems encountered
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4.