Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in understanding of an effective problem solving in how to describe a problem (define), a collection of data (measure), analyse the root cause, implement solution to the root cause and establish a control system to sustain the solution. The process involves using statistical analysis application and basic statistic and data analysis to make effective problem solving and effective decision making.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to work with a team of people to systematically using the DMAIC problem solving technique to make a decision.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Define the business case, goals and scope to assure clarity in purpose, support and mission of the project
- Establish key performance metrics and gather the essential data
- Identify the possible root cause of performance problems in the product or process and compare against the baseline process capability
- Analyse all data, process maps and visual data to determine and summarize the root causes of performance problems
- Formulate technical solutions that address the root causes of business and process problems and to assess the cost-benefit
- Follow up to make sure all solutions are sustainable over time with appropriate control plans
- Document reports
- Type of stakeholders and deliverables involved in the program
- Various statistical tools and approaches in data collection and analysis
- Various existing business process flows
- Documentation control and processes
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
The assessment is conducted through oral/written assessment, work assignment and presentation.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for Engineers, Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 6;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 6.