Duration: 12 Hours
This course is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in carrying out preparation of work activities, usage of hand tools, correct handling faulty and/or unsafe hand tools and performing maintenance checks of hand tools.
On completion of this course, learners will be able use hand tools to produce work according to the specifications.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this course include:
- Hand Tools
- Hand Saw
- Hammers & Mallets
- Allen Keys
- Electrical Drills
- Handling, care and storage of hand tools
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) & Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Common faults and defects in hand tools
- Use hand tools to produce work to specifications
- Correctly handle faulty and/or unsafe hand tools
- Perform routine maintenance checks of hand tools
Suitable for machine operators, production floor operators, machine specialists, planners, craftsman and assemblers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above.
This course is conducted in English/Mandarin.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities, hands-on and demonstration.
Practical assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.