Duration: 16 Hours
The role of a Section Leader or Line Leader in today’s electronics industry is more than simply ensuring adequate workflow and sufficient record keeping. To lead a group of operators successfully requires knowledge and application of more sophisticated approaches and techniques to cope with the demands of both work and staff relations. The Section Leader’s responsibilities include aspects of line planning and more efficient work methods, worker guidance, motivation and cost reduction. He/she is also a leader who has been given the responsibility of coordinating group activities so that the company’s goals are achieved.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a Section Leader
- Overcome barriers to effective communication
- Build up the foundation for good human relations
- Develop a spirit of teamwork and cooperation among subordinates
- Practice job control in relation to production, quality, inventory and costing
This course will cover:
- The Leader and the Organisation
- Productivity & Quality Concepts
- Job Control
- Leadership & Motivation
- Human Relations/ Teamwork
- Job Instruction Coaching
Suitable for Section Leaders, Group Leaders, Leadgirls, Experienced Operators.
Participants are assumed to:
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
This course is conducted in English/Mandarin.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities and role-play.
A written assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.