Duration: 8 Hours
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills on pipe fitting. This course will cover the plumbing design and stress on the proper safety precautions.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand piping and tubing
- State the main functions of fittings
- Identify common pipe and tube fittings
- State the different type of piping materials and its applications
- Demo the methods of cutting, bending and joining sections of piping and tubing
- Perform restoration works
This course will cover:
- Industrial and workshop safety
- Introduction to pipe fitting
- Different type of pipes, tubes and fitting
- Selection and installation of various piping materials
- Basic maintenance of various piping materials
- Cutting, bending and joining pipes and tubes
- Troubleshooting pipe and and tubing failures
Suitable for manufacturing supervisors, engineers, technicians and technical-skilled workers who are working in industries that involves pipe fitting works.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through mini-lectures, problem-solving approach, demonstration and hands-on practices.
Installation of pipe system skills assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to participants upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.