Duration: 12 Hours
In today’s process and manufacturing industries, programmable logic controller (PLC) is commonly being used. PLC is the heart of all automated control systems with a high degree of reliability capable of running a program without interrupton in 24/7 and 365 environment. Thus, it is critical to learn the PLC applications besides knowing the simple PLC programmings.
This is an advanced PLC training course that enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in performing PLC applications.
On completion of this course, earners will be able to perform programmable logic controlling on automated control system.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this course include:
- Advantages of PLC over the traditional control system
- Design and operational characteristics of a PLC system
- PLC information and communication techniques
- Function of various electrical protective devices
- Importance of sizing of cables to meet the safety requirement
- Programmable logic programming techniques
- Select appropriate control devices for the automated control system in accordance to the user requirements
- Configure, program, install and operate PLC in accordance to the user requirements
- Test and debug the controlled system
Learners who have completed Perform PLC programming Part 1 or have prior PLC programming experience. They can be Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Mechanics, Electricians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants must have prior basic PLC programming experience or completed Perform PLC programming Part 1.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%..