Duration: 12 Hours
This course is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to perform the adjustment and measurement on automation devices such as electrical switches, relays, contacts, sensors, actuators and basic pneumatic circuits that are commonly used in manufacturing control systems.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to carry out adjustment and measurement of automation devices in manufacturing control system.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this course include:
- Electrical Symbols & Quantities
- Mechanical Devices
- Relays & Contacts
- Sensors & Switches
- Pneumatic Circuits
- Screws, Nuts & Bolts
- Fasteners & Washers
- Common Hand Tools:- Spanners, Wrenches, Screw drivers, Allen Keys, Pliers, Cutters
- Measuring Devices:- Multimeter & Digital Clamp Meter
- Protective Devices
- Overload and common faults
- Carry out measurements and adjustments on automation devices
- Check the causes of system malfunctions by automation devices in a control system
- Reinstate the system to its initial conditions
Suitable for machine operators, assemblers, machine specialists and technicians.
Participants are assumed to:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.