Duration: 12 Hours
This course is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in carrying out preparation of work activities, selecting the appropriate measurement procedures and perform measurements, as well as demonstrating basic handling and storage of measuring devices.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to operate basic measuring devices in the manufacturing industry.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this course include:
- Measuring Devices
- Steel Ruler
- Measuring Tape
- Depth Gauge
- Vernier Caliper
- Slip Gauge
- Handling, care and storage of measuring devices
- Measurement and Record
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) & Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Select appropriate measurement procedures
- Perform required measurements
- Demonstrate basic handling and storage of measuring devices
Suitable for machine operators, production floor operators, machine specialists, planners, craftsman and assemblers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
This course is conducted in English/Mandarin.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities, hands-on and demonstration.
Practical assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.