Duration: 16 Hours
Engineering drawing interpretation skills is one of the competency skills where manufacturing and quality assurance technicians and inspectors must have. Most of the time, root cause failure analysis reveal that many manufacturing technicians and inspectors lack basic engineering drawing interpretation skills.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand basic engineering drawing concepts and definitions, including drawing title blocks, views, datums, parts list, and other features
- Interpret basic dimensions and tolerances, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Understand drawing features unique to the client’s industry
This course will cover:
- Tasks and Importance of Engineering Drawings
- Types of Drawings
- The Drawing Sheet
- Lettering of Drawings
- Drawing Structure
- Drawing Views
- Drawing Scales and Units of Measure
- Types of Lines and Line Interpretation
- Size and Location Dimensions
- Angular Dimensions
- Hole Dimensions
- Pattern Dimensioning Features
- Screw Threads
- Minimum and Maximum Tolerance Conditions
- Unilateral and Bilateral Tolerance Conditions
- Baseline and Chain Dimensioning
- Simple Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Fundamental Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Principles
- Form Tolerances
- Datum System
- Orientation Tolerances
- Location Tolerances
- Runout, Concentricity and Symmetry Tolerances
- Profile Tolerances
- Common Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Interpretation Problems
Suitable for manufacturing supervisors, manufacturing lead personnel, manufacturing technicians, quality assurance supervisors and quality assurance inspectors.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4 and above.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, interactive discussions, demonstration and hands-on practices.
A drawing interpretation skills assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to participants upon completing and passing the test. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.