Duration: 14 Hours
Our workplace has become increasingly diverse. We, as individuals, need to understand how our words and actions affect our company’s bottom line. We must learn how to value the differences of our diverse working environment, respect individuals and maintain a climate whereby everyone is treated with dignity – leading Equity and Inclusion. This course is developed to enable participants to acquire the knowledge and abilities on creating inclusive place to work and maintaining a positive outlook on diversity.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to recognise the importance of inclusiveness, demonstrate the use of emotional intelligence and resilience to handle diversity in the workplace, and monitoring one’s actions in handling diversity.
This course will cover: Knowledge:
- Types of diversity markers
- Diversity challenges and opportunities
- Aspects of emotional intelligence
- Methods to demonstrate resilience
- Methods to monitor own actions in handling diversity
- Recognise the importance of inclusiveness when working in a diverse environment
- Apply emotional intelligence when interacting with team members and customers in a diverse environment
- Demonstrate resilience when faced with challenges in a diverse environment
- Monitor own actions in handling diversity
Suitable for new hires, front-line workers, staff in operational roles, and individuals in professional/talent positions with/without supervisory responsibilities.
Participants are assumed to:
- Should have basic knowledge of maths and statistics;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 4 Low Intermediate (Lower Secondary) and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 4 Low Intermediate (Lower Secondary) and above.
This course can be conducted in English/Mandarin.
This course is delivered through lectures, self-reflections, group activities – role-plays, group discussions.
Practical performance – role play is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessments. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.