Duration: 15 Hours
Faced with a rapidly changing work environment, the industry’s workforce must be equipped and prepared for greater and more complex job demands. This course covers basic manufacturing technology and industrial safety in the electronics industry. Through BTS, employers can be assured that their workers will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to prepare them for technological progress in factory automation and manufacturing processes.
On completion of this course, participants will acquire:
- The necessary entry level skills and knowledge to be effective in the workplace;
- Mobility on the production floor will be increased and their redundancy potential reduced;
- Adequate preparation for future job enlargement as they possess a wider inventory of skills and a higher level of job competency; and
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness leading to improved quality of output amidst rapid changes and strong competition.
This course will cover:
- Electronic Components
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Fire Hazards
- Hand Tools
- Handling of Production Materials
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Plot Performance Chart
- Project Construction
- Units of Measurement
Suitable for new and existing workers of Manufacturing sector at the operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and written assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the test. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.