Duration: 12 Hours
This course is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to generate and contribute innovative ideas at work.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to apply innovation in the workplace.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this course include:
- Interpret Innovation in the context of work
- Apply techniques to generate ideas and harness their value
- Initiate a roadmap for developing personal innovativeness
- Perform idea-generating activities
- Apply divergent techniques to spur new ideas
- Apply convergent techniques to focus
- Develop and evaluate ideas in the workplace
Suitable for machine operators, production floor operators, machine specialists, planners, craftsman, technicians, engineering assistants, section leaders and supervisors.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Have received safety training related to a manufacturing or process plant;
- Have basic competencies in handling common hand tools;
- Have basic understanding of personal hygiene;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above.
This course can be conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities, discussions and self-reflections.
Written assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.