Duration: 21 Hours
This course is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to carry out fault finding on control circuit systematically and safely.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to apply diagnostic skills on fault finding on control circuits.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this course include:
- Control components and devices
- Electrical rating of control devices
- Bolts, nuts and fasteners
- Sensors & Switches
- Electrical/Mechanical/Pneumatic diagrams
- Assembly drawing and components layout
- Cable sizing
- Engineering safety devices
- Electrical protective devices
- Overload and Common faults
- Use control circuit and diagrams to interpret how circuits work
- Locate the faulty components and connections in the control circuit
- Remedy the faulty components and connections in the control circuit
- Improve machine yields time through continual Improvement
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have the fundamental knowledge on electrical and electronic devices & circuits; and
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, hands-on and demonstration.
Practical assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.