Duration: 21 Hours
This course is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills of Basic Engineering Mathematics and apply these to solve problems encountered at work with a clear and logical way.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to apply the necessary knowledge on the mathematical principles and application skills to solve problems encountered at work.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- The application of Arithmetic Calculations
- The application of Electrical unit conversions
- The application of Algebra
- The application of Trigonometric
- The application of Number System
- The basic electrical principles
- Ohm’s law on series and parallel circuit
- Statistical methods to analyse problems encountered
- Determine the basic mathematics, electrical and logic control in accordance with its working principles
- Apply the basic mathematics, electrical and logic control in accordance with its working principles
- Solve problems encountered by using basic Engineering Mathematics in accordance with its working principles
Suitable for machine specialists, planners, craftsman, technicians, engineering assistants, line or team leaders and supervisors.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities and discussions.
Written assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.