Duration: 14 Hours
This course comprises of a comprehensive two days workshop. It is also part of the bridging programme for admission to Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma Qualification offered at ELITC.
This course has been specially designed to give learners working in technical fields a step-by-step guide to document and communicate their message across with clarity and confidence. Good technical reports can serve the purpose of effective communications, motivating the implementation of recommended actions and gaining the respect of the organization.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Formulate the purpose and goal of the writing, and develop an approach and method of persuading the audience of the main points
- Given the purpose and the persuasive message, create a report outline, and know how the various sections are going to link together to support the persuasive message
- Recognise the value of writing in plain English
- Recognise the value of visual material in technical reports, and be to match the verbal message with a graphical message
- Recognise the importance of layout, and the non-verbal messaging in the preparation of reports
- Structure and develop a technical presentation in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner
This course will cover:
- Structure and Components of a Technical Report:
- Introduction to Technical Report Writing
- Report Preparation
- Report Style – Structure and Components of a Technical Report:
Title page, Table of contents, Executive Summary, Introduction, Statement of the problem, Approach/methodology, Results, Conclusions and Recommendations, Appendices
- Referencing Techniques – Harvard method of referencing
- Tips on Technical Report Writing>
- Effective presentation skills
- Structure a technical presentation to gain maximum effect
- Develop a formalised presentation
- Tips on effective presentation
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through mini-lectures, group activities and role-play.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the test. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.
Any person involved in writing technical reports, developing learning material/training manuals or presenting research results, who is moderately computer literate and has a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, will benefit from this course.
Participants are assumed to:
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4.
Schedule and Fees:
|CODES||COURSE TITLE||COURSE DATE@||DURATION||COURSE FEE*|
|TR||Technical Report Writing & Presentation||Upon Request||14 Hrs||$235.40||$299.60|
- “@” For course dates, kindly call ELITC to enquire.
- “*” Course Fees quoted inclusive of 7% GST.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $20.00 (GST inclusive) is payable upon registration.
- All courses are conducted in English unless otherwise stated.
(ELITC reserves the right to cancel any courses due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, a full refund of fees will be made.)