Duration: 16 Hours
The role of a Section Leader or Line Leader in today’s electronics industry is more than simply ensuring adequate workflow and sufficient record keeping. To lead a group of operators successfully requires knowledge and application of more sophisticated approaches and techniques to cope with the demands of both work and staff relations. The Section Leader’s responsibilities include aspects of line planning and more efficient work methods, worker guidance, motivation and cost reduction. He/she is also a leader who has been given the responsibility of coordinating group activities so that the company’s goals are achieved.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a Section Leader
- Overcome barriers to effective communication
- Build up the foundation for good human relations
- Develop a spirit of teamwork and cooperation among subordinates
- Practice job control in relation to production, quality, inventory and costing
This course will cover:
- The Leader and the Organisation
- Productivity & Quality Concepts
- Job Control
- Leadership & Motivation
- Human Relations/ Teamwork
- Job Instruction Coaching
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities and demonstration.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the test. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.
Suitable for Section Leaders, Group Leaders, Leadgirls, Experienced Operators.
Participants are assumed to:
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
Schedule and Fees:
|CODES||COURSE TITLE||COURSE DATE@||DURATION||COURSE FEE*|
|SLC||Section Leader Course||Upon Request||16 Hrs||$267.50||$299.60|
- “@” For course dates, kindly call ELITC to enquire.
- “*” Course Fees quoted inclusive of 7% GST.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $20.00 (GST inclusive) is payable upon registration.
- All courses are conducted in English unless otherwise stated.
(ELITC reserves the right to cancel any courses due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, a full refund of fees will be made.)