About the Workshop
Participants will go through a comprehensive soldering training. They will learn on solder using tin/ lead or lead-free solders, which also includes rework; the hands-on workshop covers basic solder of terminals and post, through-hole components and surface mount components.
Participants also will gain the knowledge of using high melting point (HMP) solder where electronic manufacturers need to apply HMP technique in most of the manufacturing situations.
Those who have some soldering experience and looking to improve their techniques, and require an in-depth review of HMP soldering fundamentals, proper soldering methods, equipment care, ESD, safety, and general requirement for soldering electronic assemblies.
- Introduction to Assembly, Handling, Contamination, and ESD Awareness.
- Materials (e.g. Solder, Flux) PCB, Components, and Solderability.
- Soldering Stations, heat transfer, and soldering iron tip maintenance.
- Through-hole, component forming, mounting, and hand soldering.
- Care and Maintenance
- Safety Precautions
- Cleaning and inspection.
- Removal and replacement of components.
- SMD hand soldering (Chip, Cylindrical, Gullwing, and J-Lead Components).
- Workmanship Standards – accept/reject criteria
- Conduction and convection removal and replacement techniques