About the Workshop
Participants will go through a comprehensive soldering course to learn on solder using tin/ lead or lead-free solders, which also includes rework; the hands-on workshop covers basic solder of terminals and post, through-hole components, and surface mount components.
There are many situations in electronics manufacturing where it is necessary to use high melting point solder. The act of implementing HMP solders will require soldering temperatures that are higher than standard Sn/Pb eutectic solders. Manufacturers soldering at high temperatures need to be aware of a few simple rules to prevent catastrophic component or board failures. Each learner will also gain the knowledge necessary to ensure quality skills and the latest acceptable workmanship requirements for all classes of products for soldering and reworking connections using HMP solders.
Those who have some soldering experience and looking to improve their techniques, and require an in-depth review of HMP soldering fundamentals, proper soldering methods, equipment care, ESD, safety, and general requirement for soldering electronic assemblies.
- Introduction to Assembly, Handling, Contamination, and ESD Awareness.
- Materials (e.g. Solder, Flux) PCB, Components, and Solderability.
- Soldering Stations, heat transfer, and soldering iron tip maintenance.
- Through-hole, component forming, mounting, and hand soldering.
- Cleaning and inspection.
- Removal and replacement of components.
- SMD hand soldering (Chip, Cylindrical, Gullwing, and J-Lead Components.
- Conduction and convection removal and replacement techniques.