Duration: 24 Hours
The preparatory course for English Proficiency aims to improve knowledge and skills related to reading, writing, speaking and listening with the objective to fully prepare participants for higher education programme.
On completion of this course, particpants will be able to account for the main content in both speech and writing, using relatively clear and coherent language.
This course will cover:
- Writing Skills
- Comprehensive Skills
- Listening Skills
- Speaking Skills
- Reading Skills
This course is delivered through mini-lectures, group activities and role-play.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptop.
At the end of the course, learners will be assessed on:
- Listening; and
(Assessment Fees is $40.00 per participant. Fees quoted do not include GST. Prevailing GST rate will apply.)
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to participants upon completing and passing the test with minimum attendance 75%.
Suitable for those who want to develop their language skills for academic study.
Participants are assumed to:
- Follow written and oral work instructions; and
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) Level 5.
Schedule and Fees:
|CODES||COURSE TITLE||COURSE DATE@||DURATION||COURSE FEE*|
|PCEP||Preparatory Course for English||Upon Request||24 Hrs||$428.00||$481.50|
- “@” For course dates, kindly call ELITC to enquire.
- “*” Course Fees quoted inclusive of 7% GST.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $20.00 (GST inclusive) is payable upon registration.
- All courses are conducted in English unless otherwise stated.
(ELITC reserves the right to cancel any courses due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, a full refund of fees will be made.)