Duration: 7 Hours
Today, we live in digital age. Digital devices allow us always connected to internet. Information from internet become a commodity and the networks that transfer and process it have become critical to us. This workshop provides participants with the fundamental concepts on the need for network security.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to identify the threats and vulnerabilities of computer systems and networks and recommend the appropriate corrective actions to be carried out.
This course will cover:
Types of network security breaches
- Types of network attack
- Antivirus and antimalware software
- Types of Firewall
- Wireless security
- Security Policies
Suitable for those who want to know the ways to protect their network.
Level of Proficiency:
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of computers and networking;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to participants upon completing and passing the test.