Duration: 16 Hours
As part of the industry 4.0 digital transformation initiatives, manufacturing industry has evolved their capabilities through the intervention of digital technologies. Digitization as part of Industrial Internet of Things transformation (IIoT) is being introduced in the overall work process from design, prototype, production to supply chain management. With the advancement in immersive technology, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) technologies are being introduced to optimise and improve the productivity and efficiency in the manufacturing operation.
Mixed Reality (MR) in manufacturing program is a Collaboration between ELITC and Agilitas Learning providing a structured approach towards the development and equipping of workforce’s capabilities with the right immersive technology solution in support of the organisation’s workplace digital transformation efforts.
On completion of this module, it will provide participants an overview of immersive technology in the industry and equip them with the knowledge and skills on how to apply AR tools and technology at their workplace.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- define Immersive Technology and describe the evolution of Immersive Technology
- differentiate Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented reality (AR) and Mixed reality (MR)
- explain the concept and working principles of AR/VR/MR technology
- identify the different hardware,applications and platforms and their capabilities
- state the benefits and limitations of usage
- state the business case and benefits of AR /VR/MR in industrial use
- identify leading AR/MR solutions and applications in operations and work processes
- recognise the considerations and limitations of AR/MR applications
- develop an action plan on the use of AR/MR applications back at the workplace
- In the workshop learners will be introduced to various AR/VR tools (Hololens 2, Oculus Quest ) and AR/VR applications (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist and Guide , PTC Vuforia suite) among others.
This course is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, demonstration,self-reflection, group activities and peer practices.
A Certificate of Participation from ELITC & Agilitas Learning will be issued to trainees who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.
- This workshop is targeted for companies exploring MR applications in their workplace and for those looking at equipping the workforces with the skills in the use of MR applications and tools.
- Suitable for Professionals, Managers, Executives & Technicians and anyone who want to have an understanding and experience of Immersive technologies.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptops for the work assignment.