Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in planning, implementing and standardising work improvement processes at their workplaces.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to supervise work process improvement in their workplaces.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Plan work improvement activities
- Implement work improvement processes
- Standardise improved work processes
- Organisational goals
- Team’s key performance indicators
- Principles of continuous process improvement
- Communication modes and barriers
- Roles and responsibilities of work teams
- Resources requirements for work teams
- Importance of an action plan
- Structure of an effective action plan
- Applications of continuous process improvement techniques
- Purpose of control mechanisms
- Ways to resolve issues related to implementation of improvement activities
- The purpose of training and facilitating the work teams
- Methods of evaluating the work teams’ results
- Format of a report
- Purpose of documenting changes in work processes
- Types of stakeholders
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
The assessment is conducted through oral/written assessment, work assignment and presentation.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules at the various levels, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification / WSQ Certificate.
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptop for the work assignment.