Duration: 17.5 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills needed to carry out warehouse operations which include receiving incoming products, picking and staging products, as well as packing products to meet customer and organisational requirement.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to perform warehouse operations.
- Synchronous E-Learning involves online training through webinar and video-conferencing. It is a real-time learning tool which convert the classroom into virtual classroom that continue allows learners to ask and trainer to answer questions instantly.
- Centre will schedule the assessment date and time. Learner will be informed and guided on the assessment process.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Receive incoming products
- Pick and stage products
- Pack products
- Types of incoming goods
- The packing symbols and their implications
- The warning signs and their implications
- Types of packing materials
- The purpose of warehouse layout plan
- The purpose of staging area
- Types of identification of products
- Types of records relating to receipt of incoming goods
- Types of organisational safety and health requirements
- Types of pick list and their differences
- The details in pick list
- Types of products and their handling techniques
- Types of tools and equipment used in picking and staging products and their usage
- The picking symbols and their implications
- The location of products
- Types of customer requirements
- The inspection area to carry out quality control checks
- The purpose of staging area
- The importance of obtaining signatures
- Types of action to achieve inventory integrity
- The replenishment policy, primary and secondary pick locations
- The workplace safety and health requirements when picking products
- Types of discrepancies during picking of products
- Types of packing list and related documentation
- The details on packing list and related documentation
- Types of customer and organisational requirements
- Types of safety and security requirements
- The types of discrepancies and contingencies when packing products
- The types of packing materials
- The types of packaging
This module can be conducted in English.
This module is delivered through synchronous e-learning via Google Hangouts Meet and Google classroom.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules at the various levels, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification.
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Operate a Personal Computer/Laptop, surfing internet, use keyboard and mouse;
- Have a basic knowledge of the warehouse operations;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
Participants are required to have the following items on day of training and assessment:
- A laptop/desktop is able to surf internet
- With good working condition of built-in webcam/external PC camera, microphone and headphone/earpiece/PC speakers
- Installed browser – Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox