Duration: 32 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to carry out interfacing between microcomputer and electronic devices.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to perform BASIC programming interface on Electronic Devices.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Select the appropriate electronic devices for interfacing with the microcomputer according to work instructions
- Carry out the connection between electronics device and microcomputer according to work instructions
- Develop BASIC program for interfacing electronic devices according to work instructions
- Perform testing on the interface system according to work instructions
- Recommend improvements to the program and the system setup according to work instructions
- Define Interfacing
- Criteria for identifying Interface
- Factor in selecting appropriate electronic devices
- Concepts of programming language
- Types of Programming language
- Types of Variable
- Factor in selecting appropriate variables
- Methods for identifying Basic Instruction
- Types of Error Messages
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules at the various levels, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification.
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.