Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to use appropriate methods to improve productivity, prevent poor productivity practices and apply productivity techniques to our workplace.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to perform basic productivity practices at the workplace.
- Synchronous E-Learning involves online training through webinar and video-conferencing. It is a real-time learning tool which converts physical classroom into virtual classroom that continues to allow learners to ask questions and trainer to answer instantly.
- Centre will schedule the assessment date and time. Learner will be informed and guided on the assessment process.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Use appropriate methods to improve productivity
- Prevent poor productivity practices
- Apply productivity techniques and link it to the big financial picture
- Productivity purpose, goals, objectives
- Productivity measurement
- Appropriate methods to increase productivity and workplace performance
- Factors that improve productivity in the workplace
- Productivity improvements beyond cheaper, better and faster
- Human factors that can improve productivity
- Difference performance mindsets that can impact the outcome of productivity
- Appropriate treatments to prevent poor productivity practices at the workplace
- Eliminate bottlenecks that limit productivity growth
- Having a conducive environment for staff to contribute more to productivity
- Constructive feedback engagement with staff to maintain high productivity
- Areas that create internal wastage
- Prepare a list of activities that contribute to internal wastage
- Categorise the various forms of waste in accordance with the 8 kinds of waste framework
- Apply appropriate productivity techniques and take measurements on the kind of improvement (cheaper, better, faster) made
This module can be conducted in English.
This module is delivered through synchronous e-learning via Google Hangouts Meet and Google classroom.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules at the various levels, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification.
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Operate a Personal Computer/Laptop, surfing internet, use keyboard and mouse;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above.
Participants are required to have the following items on day of training and assessment:
- A laptop/desktop is able to surf internet
- With good working condition of built-in webcam/external PC camera, microphone and headphone/earpiece/PC speakers
- Installed browser – Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox