Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in operating the electrical measurement devices in manufacturing at work.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to operate electrical measurement devices to measure the electrical characteristics of control circuits.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Prepare for electrical measurement activities
- Carry out electrical measurement
- Maintain electrical measurement equipment
- Importance of work instructions
- Types of electrical measurements
- Types of measurement equipment
- Types of materials
- Types of electrical and electronic components
- Types of power source
- Importance of measurement equipment’s fitness-for-use status
- Handling of faulty or unsafe measurement equipment procedures
- Handling of electrostatic discharge (ESD) sensitive device/component procedures
- Use of electrical measurement equipment
- Interpret types of control circuits
- Interpret electrical measurement specifications or parameters
- Interpret types of electrical and electronic symbols
- Types of measurement errors
- Importance of recording and reporting electrical measurement results
- Cleaning methods
- Cleaning agents
- The importance of maintaining the measurement equipment cleanliness
- Importance of returning tools, equipment and materials
- Handling of worn out tools and equipment procedures
- Importance of clearing the waste
This module can be conducted in either English or Mandarin.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.