Duration: 40 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in managing customer expectations, monitoring the cost of quality and ensuring work processes are streamlined through the use of statistical techniques. Also, learners will be familiarised with the national and/or international standards for quality management and quality services adopted by organisations.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply, demonstrate and practice the knowledge and skills learnt on managing quality system and processes through classroom and practical sessions.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- National/international quality standards
- Workplace quality system requirements
- Scopes of quality system and processes
- Customer expectations
- Dimension of quality
- Costs of quality
- Communication means
- Use of statistical process control tools for measuring and tracking of quality performance
- Quality issues resolution process
- Determine the quality system requirements at the workplace based on the adopted national/international quality standards
- Collate the customer’s expectations on quality aspects of products/services
- Apply appropriate means to communicate the customer’s expectations on quality aspects of products/services to relevant stakeholders within the organisation
- Perform statistical evaluation of the work processes related to products/service quality performance using appropriate measurement and statistical analysis and disseminate the outcomes to relevant stakeholders within the organisation for decision-making
- Conduct costs of quality analysis related to the products/services and identify areas for improvement
- Plan quality cost saving/improvement activities to manage costs of quality in the workplace
- Lead and manage co-workers/staff to achieve the desired results on costs of quality in the workplace
- Track the quality performance of the products/services
- Resolve issues associated with non-conformance of quality standards
- Prepare reports on quality performance of the products/services to fulfil the quality system requirements
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
The assessment is conducted through oral/written assessment, mini project or work assignment and presentation.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification.
Suitable for Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).
Participants are assumed to:
- Have an in depth knowledge of their organisational products/services;
- Have presentation skills;
- Have basic statistical knowledge;
- Have basic knowledge of quality control systems;
- Have basic knowledge of quality metrology;
- Be able to apply effective leadership skills in managing and leading co-workers;
- Have basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 8;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 8.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptop for the work assignment.