Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in applying teamwork in the workplace. This will include how to participate in a team and develop team culture, communicating within a team as well as improving team performance.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to practice the skills and knowledge in participating in work teams and apply them to the workplace.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Participate in team establishment
- Participate in developing a team culture
- Communicating with team members
- Assist improvement of team performance
- Organisational goals, objectives and strategic plans
- Techniques in setting team objectives
- Roles and responsibilities of team members
- Techniques for monitoring and reviewing team performance
- Types of problems relating to team and their resolution methods
- Team conflict and their impact on team performance
- Communication channels and reporting lines, applicable to the team
- Communication cultures, languages and barriers in a team setting
- Types of improvement required to enhance team performance
- Importance of acknowledging and responding posivitely to team members’ feedback
- Follow-up actions for teams and their respective organisational procedures
This module can be conducted in either English or Mandarin.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.