Duration: 26 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to carry out fault finding on an electronic circuit systematically and safely.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply diagnostic skills on fault finding on electronic circuits.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Prepare diagnostic activities
- Analyse electronic circuit on the PCB
- Carry out appropriate measurements to determine the possible fault
- Report identified fault with corrective actions
- Interpretation of Work Instructions
- Application of electronic and electrical components
- Functions of logic and analogue integrated circuits
- Electrical rating of electronic devices
- Types of electrical protective devices
- Common causes of overload
- Common types of fault
- Types of fasteners commonly used in the workplace
- Methods of preventing the bolt from self-loosening
- Importance of understanding of electrical diagram and component layout
- Important of label and component locations
- Importance of cable sizing to meet the safety requirement
- The essentials of complete document standardisation
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules at the various levels, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification.
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.