Duration: 15 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to identify and apply improvement techniques and how to carry out and follow-through the improvement activities.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply continuous process improvement techniques and be able to put it into practice at their workplaces.
- Synchronous E-Learning involves online training through webinar and video-conferencing. It is a real-time learning tool which converts physical classroom into virtual classroom that continues to allow learners to ask questions and trainer to answer instantly.
- Centre will schedule the assessment date and time. Learner will be informed and guided on the assessment process.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Carry out continuous improvement activities
- Follow-through the improvement activities
- Purpose of continuous improvement work team
- Types of improvement goals
- Types of continuous process improvement techniques
- Types of communication modes
- Roles and responsibilities of team members
- Types of resources
- Procedures for making action plans
- Use of oral communication skills
- Types of performance indicators
- Procedures for obtaining approval to carry out improvement activities
- Procedures for taking corrective action against implementation issues
- Methods to track and measure progress of improvement activities
- Procedures for taking corrective action against an un-met goal
- Procedures for reporting and recording the improvement activity outcomes
This module can be conducted in English.
This module is delivered through synchronous e-learning via Google Hangouts Meet and Google classroom.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules at the various levels, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification.
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Operate a Personal Computer/Laptop, surfing internet, use keyboard and mouse;
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
Participants are required to have the following items on day of training and assessment:
- A laptop/desktop is able to surf internet
- With good working condition of built-in webcam/external PC camera, microphone and headphone/earpiece/PC speakers
- Installed browser – Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox