Duration: 35 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in performing biomedical product’s assembly skills by using the appropriate hand tools, measuring instruments and optical instruments. It also states about carrying out housekeeping of the work area.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply biomedical products’ assembly skills.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Prepare tools, instruments and materials for biomedical product’s assembly tasks
- Perform biomedical product’s assembly tasks
- Perform housekeeping of work area
- Importance of work instructions
- Types of assembly tasks
- Types of assembly methods
- Types of tools, instruments and materials
- Use of tools, instruments and materials
- Handling of materials
- Handling of faulty or unsafe tools and instrument procedures
- Cleaning methods
- Cleaning agents
- Importance of cleaning tools and instruments
- Importance of returning tools, instruments and materials
- Handling of worn out tools and instrument procedures
- Importance of clearing the waste
This module can be conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.