Duration: 24 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills of Basic Engineering Mathematics and apply these to solve problems encountered at work with a clear and logical way.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply the necessary knowledge on the mathematical principles and application skills to solve problems encountered at work.
- Synchronous E-Learning involves online training through webinar and video-conferencing. It is a real-time learning tool which convert the classroom into virtual classroom that continue allows learners to ask and trainer to answer questions instantly.
- Centre will schedule the assessment date and time. Learner will be informed and guided on the assessment process.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Determine the basic mathematics, electrical and logic control in accordance with its working principles
- Apply the basic mathematics, electrical and logic control in accordance with its working principles
- Solve problems encountered by using basic Engineering Mathematics in accordance with its working principles
- Documentation on the solved problems in accordance with its working principles
- The application of Arithmetic Calculations
- The application of Electrical unit conversions
- The application of Algebra
- The application of Trigonometric
- The application of Number System
- The basic electrical principles
- Ohm’s law on series and parallel circuit
- Statistical methods to analyse problems encountered
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through synchronous e-learning via Google Hangouts Meet and Google classroom.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules at the various levels, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification.
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Operate a Personal Computer/Laptop, surfing internet, use keyboard and mouse;
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4.
Participants are required to have the following items on day of training and assessment:
- A laptop/desktop is able to surf internet
- With good working condition of built-in webcam/external PC camera, microphone and headphone/earpiece/PC speakers
- Installed browser – Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox