Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills needed for an employee to apply 5S procedures (a structured approach to housekeeping) to their own job and work area. This will include how to organise the work area, maintaining the standards and having self-discipline in work area.
- Synchronous E-Learning involves online training through webinar and video-conferencing. It is a real-time learning tool which converts physical classroom into virtual classroom that continues to allow learners to ask questions and trainer to answer instantly.
- Centre will schedule the assessment date and time. Learner will be informed and guided on the assessment process.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to practice the skills and knowledge in the 5S techniques and apply them in their workplace.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- SEIRI – Clear unnecessary items from work area
- SEITON – Organise work area in an orderly manner
- SEISO – Clean work area
- SEIKETSU – Maintain work area cleanliness
- SHITSUKE – Maintain self-discipline in work area
- Purpose and benefits of 5S program
- Meaning and significance of SEIRI to own job and workplace
- Organisational criteria for identifying necessary and unnecessary items
- Methods, organisational guidelines and procedures to dispose unnecessary items
- Meaning and significance of SEITON to own job and workplace
- Organisational classification of necessary items
- Principles of effective storage
- Concept of visual management and its significance when performing SEITON
- Meaning and significance of SEISO to own job and workplace
- Factors causing unclean work area and items
- Organisational guidelines and procedures relating to cleaning and maintenance of work place
- Meaning and significance of SEIKETSU to own job and workplace
- Benefits of standardising work area
- Meaning and significance of SHITSUKE to own job and workplace
- Importance of self-discipline in implementing 5S
This module can be conducted in either English or Mandarin.
This module is delivered through synchronous e-learning via Google Hangouts Meet and Google classroom.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). If an individual completes the required number of modules at the various levels, he/she will be awarded a WSQ Qualification / WSQ Certificate.
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Operate a Personal Computer/Laptop, surfing internet, use keyboard and mouse;
- Have basic knowledge of housekeeping concepts;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
Participants are required to have the following items on day of training and assessment:
- A laptop/desktop is able to surf internet
- With good working condition of built-in webcam/external PC camera, microphone and headphone/earpiece/PC speakers
- Installed browser – Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox