Keeping the standards on requirements for soldered electrical and electronics assemblies
With todays competitive market on electronics manufacturing, IPC-J-STD-001 has risen to be one of the most credible certifications worldwide. Organisations are vying to get ahead and secure this certification for its employees.
Conforming to industrial manufacturing requirements, this certification will allow participants to perfect their soldering skills, describes materials, methods and verification criteria for producing high-quality soldered interconnections.
Apart from enhancing confidence and performance, having employees who are certified with an industry developed and approved certification such as IPC-J-STD-001, will show that producing quality material is of utmost importance to your organization.
We encourage you to invest in related IPC courses such as IPC-7711/7721, IPA-A-600, IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620C, for your organization today.
Why earn IPC J-STD-001 certification?
Certification in this industry-developed and approved hands-on solder training and certification program helps enhance employee skills and performance. In addition, if your company uses J-STD-001— or is considering its adoption — you can use the certification program to address the standard’s training requirement. Both the CIT and CIS programs provide individuals with a portable credential that recognizes their soldering skills and understanding of this internationally recognized standard.
CIT training prepares the instructor to teach all of the CIS modules. However, in CIS training only the first module is a
required element. Other modules may be covered based on your company’s specific needs.
- General requirements such as safety, tools and electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Wire- and terminal-assembly requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- Through-hole technology requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- Surface mount technology requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- General soldered connection acceptance requirements (including lead free)
- Test methods and related standards
- Statistical process control methodology
- Inspection skills
Duration: 4 Days
Price: Call to enquire
* For CIT courses, please call us for details.