Duration: 16 Hours
In today’s networking, copper-based networks are being replaced by super-fast fiber-based networks. Optical communication becomes a solution for growing segments like fiber to home, wireless technology and hyper-scale data centers.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- interpret the system diagram and network architecture of optical communication system.
- measure signal and parameters at various stages of the optical communications system.
- maintain an optical communications system.
This course will cover:
An overview of optical communication system
- Network symbols used
- Optical network devices
- Concept of an active and passive optical network (PON)
- Internetworking devices in a PON setup
- Safety and standard industry practices
- Optical media and applications
- Network losses and link loss budget
- Maintenance and troubleshooting
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to participants upon completing and passing the test.
Level of Proficiency:
Suitable for those who have no knowledge on optical communication system.
Participants are assumed to:
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above.
Schedule and Fees:
|CODES||COURSE TITLE||COURSE DATE@||DURATION||COURSE FEE*|
|CoPOC||CoP in Optical Communication||Upon Request||16 Hrs||$256.80||$342.40|
- “@” For course dates, kindly call ELITC to enquire.
- “*” Course Fees quoted inclusive of 7% GST.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $20.00 (GST inclusive) is payable upon registration.
- All courses are conducted in English unless otherwise stated.
(ELITC reserves the right to cancel any courses due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, a full refund of fees will be made.)